This article was created in partnership with Google. Thank you for supporting the partners who make SitePoint possible.
No matter how large or small your website is, there’s a good chance that you might like to earn extra revenue from it. Google AdSense is a simple and free way for website publishers to earn money by showing relevant and engaging ads alongside your online content.
AdWords lets you tap into the world’s largest network of online advertisers. They bid for your ad space, helping you get the most from your ads while saving you time to focus on growing the rest of your business.
Getting set up is simple:
- Select the ad types and formats you want to include on your site.
- Copy and paste a piece of code on pages where you want ads to appear.
- Advertisers bid for your ad space in a real-time auction, so sit back and watch the highest paying ads go live.
- When ads are seen or clicked on by users, you earn money.
- AdWords handles the billing of advertisers and networks, so you don’t have to manage advertiser relationships.
- Once you’ve earned a certain amount, your payment is sent automatically.
Once you’re set up, you can start enjoying these benefits:
1. You control what appears.
Not only are you able to specify where you want ads to appear, but you can also change the look and feel of your ads to fit with your website. Plus, automatic targeting enables you to show ads that are relevant to your users. Control the categories of ads you allow, choose which types of ads fit your site best, and block ads you don’t like.
2. Ads are reviewed to maintain quality.
Ads that run with AdSense are reviewed to ensure they’re high quality, that their content is family safe, and they’re relevant to your content or audience. This applies to all types of ads, including text, display, rich media, and more.
3. You can choose from a variety of sizes and formats.
A text ad typically includes a title that’s also a clickable link to a webpage, one or two lines of text, and a website address. Sometimes known as “sponsored links,” these ads can appear on Google search results pages and across the Google Display Network.
The post Make Your Website Earn for You with Google AdSense appeared first on SitePoint.